HALL RENTAL AGREEMENT
American Legion Frederick & John Ravin Post #134
2104 NE Alberta Street
Portland, OR 97211
DATE OF EVENT_________________________________________________________________________________
TYPE OF EVENT: _________________________________________________________________________________
(i.e. graduation, wedding, Concert, etc.)
PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR HALL RENTAL: ________________________________________________________
ADDRESS: _________________________________________________ EMAIL _______________________________
PHONE NUMBER(S): Primary ___________________ Secondary ____________________
This Rental Agreement – made and entered into as of the date last set forth below, by and between American Legion Post 134 and ___________________________________________________ (renter(s)).
Whereas, renter desires to rent the facility from American Legion Post 134 on the terms and conditions set forth herein and American Legion Post 134 is willing to rent the facilities on such terms and conditions.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual promises set forth herein, and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and adequacy of which is hereby acknowledged, the parties agree as set forth below.
- Facilities: Event: Date: Pricing:
American Legion Post 134 shall make the Hall available for purposes of a Private/Public event, (the event).Upon execution of the Agreement and payment of the required deposit, the American Legion Post 134 shall be reserved for Renter on the
Date of Event_____________ Set up Time__________ Event Start__________
Event End Time___________ Wrap up Time __________
|$100.00 Booking Deposit (Non-refundable)||=|
|$150.00 Security/Damage Fee (Refundable)||=|
|$50.00 Per Hour – Business Days (Minimum 3 Hours)||x||=|
|$75.00 Per Hour – Weekend/After Hours (Minimum 3 Hours)||x||=|
|$15.00 Per Hour Security Fee (Optional)||x||=|
Deposits – Booking deposits are required to confirm your date and must be paid with this signed agreement on the date the contract was generated. A non-refundable booking deposit of $100.00 is required to secure your event date. This deposit will go towards your event cost.
- Final payment– It is understood that the renters shall pay the $150 refundable damage/security deposit, 30 days prior to the scheduled event date. All deposits and monies collected except for security deposit, are non-refundable. For regular events the final payment is due before the start of the event. For shows the final payment is due by the end of the event.
- Cancellations – Should you choose to cancel your event, the booking fee is non-refundable. However, you may transfer to an alternate date within one year if desired. Damage/security deposit will be refunded within two weeks of cancellation. Cancellations or changes must be done on the phone or in person with the Operations Manager.
- Use of Property – Rental of the site includes the use of the entire inside of the Hall, restrooms, and the outside cement areas.
- Use of the property is available from 7:00 am to 12:00 pm. All festivities including amplified music must conclude no later than 10:00 pm weekdays and 11 pm on weekend nights, subject to change.
- The capacity of the hall is 100 persons maximum. Due to fire and safety codes and limitations set by Oregon State regulations, the above rules are strictly enforced and may be subject to change.
- Set up time and wrap up time for events is limited to one hour before and one hour after unless otherwise agreed upon by Management.
- The Hall rental only gives the renter use of the hall for putting on a performance or holding an event. It does not restrict access to the post by other members or nonmembers (in case of open to the public events). Post access will only be made private upon agreement between renter and management.
- The American Legion shall be absolutely non politically and shall not be used for the dissemination of participle principles nor for the promotion or candidacy of any person seeking public office or preferment.
- Open Flame – No cooking is allowed in the hall area. Buffet lines are allowed. Grills are not allowed on the patio area. The use of propane heaters inside the building or outside on the cement and on the patio are prohibited. Fire extinguishers are placed throughout the building.
- Parking requirements – Parking is limited to the street.
- Smoking – No smoking, E-Cigarette, Vaping, or similar devices are allowed inside the building. Smoking, E-Cigarette, Vaping, etc. of any type is only allowed in the designated smoking area along the sidewalk in the front of the building near the cigarette butt containers. All cigarette butts must be put in the trash.
- Pets – No pets of any kind are allowed in American Legion Post 134 building. Service dogs are excluded. All service animals inside the building must be wearing their official service vest at all times. Dogs are permitted on leash only outside the building. Owners of dogs must properly dispose of pet waste in the garbage in a separate bag.
- Vendor Policies -The renter is fully responsible for all vendors regarding clean up, garbage removal, conduct and damage or excessive cleaning for American Legion Post 134 staff. Renter will be solely responsible and may be charged and/or lose all claim to refundable cleaning deposit. American Legion Post 134 is not responsible for any vendors for fulfilling contracts, obligations, refunds, or conduct. Please make sure to read each vendor contract carefully and that they have fulfilled the requirements to work at the American Legion Post 134 and are in compliance with the rental agreement.
- Sales of Merchandise– must be cleared by management.
- Deliveries and Pickup – All rental items and vendor equipment must be removed at the end of the event.
- Noise Level – Amplified music must be maintained at a reasonable volume and is only allowed inside the building. American Legion Post 134 staff is authorized to lower sound provided by Band or DJ if deemed too loud. By ordinance all music must stop by 10:00 pm on weekdays and 11 pm on weeknights. Failure to adhere to the stop time for music will result in a $50 fine per 30 minutes after set end times to be deducted from security deposit. Noise levels need to conform or meet Portland city code 18.10.010.
- Alcohol Consumption – Legal drinking age in the state of Oregon is 21 years old. American Legion Post 134 staff is authorized to close the bar down if alcohol consumption becomes a dangerous situation and is the cause of damage to the property. The Hall will provide bartender(s) and serve from the full service bar upon request.
- Cleaning Procedures –Vendors/Renters may use sinks to dispose of water-based organic liquids and food juices only (no oils). There are no garbage disposals. All garbage and recyclables must be placed in the proper containers. The Hall should be returned to the condition it was found. All equipment, tables, chairs, etc. should be put back to the original locations.
- Equipment – Use of Audio, Visual, and Lighting equipment along with table and chairs already present is authorized. You must furnish all your own food, food serving items, decorations, etc. Unless otherwise negotiated by Management.
- Decorations – All Decorations must be approved by the American Legion Post 134. No tape (exception Shurtape or blue painters tape), nails or staples can be used on building surfaces. No rice, confetti, birdseed, potpourri, glitter or any substance of that nature is allowed.
- It is understood and agreed that should your group fail to adhere to all rules, policies and conform to the proper use of the building, the American Legion Post 134 may, at its discretion, terminate this agreement and require the renting parties to vacate the building (during the event if necessary), forfeiting any and all fees and monies.
- American Legion Post 134 is not held liable for events not being held due to uncontrollable circumstances or acts of God or Nature.
I/We have read and understood this agreement and the policies it contains. I understand that if I/We or any of the guests or vendors at the event does not comply with this agreement or the policies the event may be immediately terminated by American Legion Post 134, in its sole discretion, and/or all deposits made retained by American Legion Post 134. I understand and agree that, in addition, I/we will be responsible and liable to American Legion Post 134 for any costs exceeding the amount of the retained deposit.
_________________________________ ______________________________ ____________________
Renter(s) Printed Name Signature Date
_________________________________ _______________________________ _____________________
American Legion Post 134 Printed Name Signature Date